One Day Bookmaking Workshop
with Deanna Wood
Creating Accordion Books
Saturday April 23rd
The cost of the workshop is $125 including many supplies
10:00 to 4:00
The accordion book is a simple book structure to learn, yet it has infinite possibilities for adaptation. The accordion can be a small intimate collection of photos or words, an interactive structure that surprises and delights, or a large sculptural piece to display images or ideas.
Click here for more GREAT pics: https://www.flickr.com/photos/theencausticcenter/albums/72157662291345254
In this workshop, participants will see examples of many types of accordion books and make several of their own.
Participants will learn:
· The basics of creating an accordion book
· How to make a simple accordion pocket book
· How to create an accordion with a hard cover
· Image transfer techniques
· Pop-up techniques
· How to attach an accordion to an altered book
· The possibilities of other accordion-based book structures including flag books, tunnel books, and venetian blind books
Materials that we will supply:
· Book board
· Glue and brushes
· Basic papers
· Old books for altering
Supplies to bring with you:
· X-acto knife
· 18” metal cork-backed ruler
· Various papers – scrapbook paper, handmade paper, and cardstock
· Copies or laser prints for transfers (inkjet prints will not work for transfers)
· Personal items and photos for embellishment and collage
· Bone folder
· Ribbons, yarn, or string to use as ties
· Old book to alter
· Paint, colored pencils or other drawing media
· Sketchbook or journal for sketching ideas and brainstorming
Due to the space requirements, we can only have 8 people in this workshop. Spaces fill quickly! Please confirm availability and send your deposit to hold your space: Cost and payment:
The cost of the workshop is $125.00
A $100.00 non-refundable deposit holds your space.
Please register asap; these spaces fill up quickly!
Balance due: April 8th: $25.00
In the event of cancellation after the April 8th payment; $15 will be refunded only if someone from the waiting list is able to attend.
Non-payment of the $25.00 balance on or before April 8th could result in the loss of your space. A reminder will be sent for your payment.
PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org or request a paypal invoice.
Check to The Bonny Studio, 580 W Arapaho Rd. #262, Richardson, TX, 75080
Credit card by calling Bonny at 214-405-5993
Cash at The Bonny Studio or The Encaustic Center holds your space, please email Bonny to schedule a time: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Many thanks and so looking forward to having you here for this exciting workshop! Bonny
The Bonny Studio Classes: thebonnystudio.com
580 W.Arapaho Rd. #262
Richardson, TX. 75080